Nic & Laura
Hello everybody!
So the last time you heard from us we were leaving Mt Fuji. We decided to take a bus from there to Osaka. Still weren't abel to find a host, but hey, what can we really do. Satying in Mt Fuji was beautiful, but was getting a bit expensive, plus we felt that sitting on the same spot for too long is not good for us. So after two days of enjoying the beautiful countryside we headed to the bus stop and decided to take a 10 hour bus ride to Osaka. We were really excited to get to Osaka but not looking forward to the 10 hour coach trip. Plus the fact that Laura was exhausted. The lack of sleep from previous night was wearing me out. We had to stay in separate rooms for the final night in Mt Fuji because the hostel was full. So i ended up sharing with 3 girls. At first i thought - great! No snoring guys! The girls were really nice but i ended up sleeping next to the shower room. The wall between was paper thin and i even heard when people were opening their shampoo bottles. So until 1 in the morning the showering was non stop. I was just about falling asleep when i heard some quick footsteps passing our room and then it started. The loudest vomiting I've ever heard. I felt sorry for the guy but felt sorry for myself when he returned.
So anyway. Getting on the bus from Mt Fuji was a long wait. We were sitting there for 4 hours because the last transit from the hostel was just after 4 and our bus was at 9. Playing cards and having some ice cream killed the time very slowley. But the bus arrived. It was one of the most comfortable busses i have ever seen. Only three seats in the row gave us enough legroom to have a solid 6 hour sleep.
It was a shock arriving in Osaka. Half past six and still asleep we stepped off the bus and tryed to find out where we were. We found a tourist information center but that only opened at 8. So we had at least an hour to sit around and watch 1 million Japanese people rushing past us to go to work. After my bum went num the tourist information point opened. Grabbed a map from there and made our way towards the Peace House hostel, where we had booked a room. Coming out from the tube was a shock. It looked like we are in a different world. This part of the town was strange. People were different and the city was different. Everybody gave us a stare and we felt a bit funny. And this bloody hostel was no where to be found. After walking around for an hour we stopped on the streetcorner to think about this situation and a local parm (thouse of you not familiar with this word it means drunkensmellyoldguy) decided to look after us. We showed him the map and he seemed to know exactly where the hostel was. Chatting away in Japanese and smiling his toothless smile he took off and we followed. Well it wasn't our hostel but they were nice enough to give us some directions to get there. Seriously though, that place was like a maze! After getting the directions we managed to find it. The sign on it was about 20cm*20cm! But we were more than happy to get there. They allowed us to have a shower and then we left to see the biggest fish tank, sorry Aquarium, in the world - The Osaka Aquarium. This was the only interesting sight seeing spot on the map. It really was amazing! The massive tank in the middle had all sorts of huge creatures in it., Two of them being whale sharks. We spend more than an hour walking around and enjoying the fantastic fish. Then it was time to start heading back to the hostel. We decided to eat out, as a treat, and went to a local all right looking restaurant. We ordered some rice, chicken and beef we waited hungrily. Mine arrived very quickly and looked nothing like beef. It looked like thin stomach fat thing. Or maybe something from inside the beef- animal. Stomach lining? This didn't go down very well. So i left, hungry and grumpy. Nic said that i will have a laugh about it in the future...well i haven't yet. It still brings a bit of tight feeling in the throat when i think about it. Going back to the hostel we checked our e-mails and there was still nothing. We really need to find a host quickly or we will run out of money. Nic tried to log onto his wwoof profile and we discovered that it was blocked. That might have been one of the reasons why we haven't heard anything back from anyone. Feeling very upset about it we went to bed and tried to forget everything bad what happened today. The stomach lining being on of them.

Woke up at 10 and made a cup of coffee. Decided to leave Osaka whatever happens. We really don't like this city. So i decided to look for some places to stay in Kyoto whilst Nic checks his e-mail. And what a surprise! There has been an acceptance for us to go somewhere near Osaka and do a bit of Wwoofing! "On the scale 1 to 10, how happy are you right now?!" "10!" Looks like our worries are over and we are heading down to Sasayama today! We checked out from the hostel and rushed to the train station. Booked our tickets and we were on our way.
09/16/2010 02:31

Looks like the most amazing time you're having, keep the updates coming guys! especially loving that Nic's new facial hair is an homage to:

Much love xx

09/16/2010 02:44

LOL!!! Nic's beard looks ridiculous!!! :-)

Aside from that, looks amazing you guys, I love the places you stay, it's like the last samurai or something... how long before Nic buys one of those suits like Tom Cruise wore? Lots of love xx

Granny & Grandad
09/16/2010 05:04

So nice to hear from you and glad to know that everything is going according to plan and you're having a nice time. Nic, looks like you're joining the "Ainu Tribe" (hairy faced Japanese tribe).

Lots of love
Granny and Grandad xxxx

Mama and Daddy
09/16/2010 05:07

Hi gorgeous children

We are sooo glad you've updated your blog - what a great time you're having and glad you've found somewhere to work! Keep the funny updates coming - we have such fun following your amazing journey!

Love you and stay safe (watch your necks and look out for snakes!!!)

Mama and Daddy xxx

09/18/2010 10:29

Hey guys,

Sounds like you're doing great. So exciting! Wish you all the luck!
miss you lots!!!


the dd
09/20/2010 03:29

What on earth is with the beard nic ?!? You look like Harry Seecombe in Oliver when he says "More! You want more!!" I believe they are called lambchop whiskers but it makes you look more like a porkchop !!

Lotsaluv to you and your wiiife
Daddy and Mama


Leave a Reply.

    About Us

    We met on the 8th of July 2005 and were together for exactly 5 years when we were married on the 8th of July 2010 at Taagepera Castle in Estonia. This website is devoted to our married life and the future that we plan to share together.


    December 2010
    November 2010
    October 2010
    September 2010
    August 2010